The fbida project contains a few applications for viewing and editing images, with the main focus being photos. The applications are:
- fbi - This is a image viewer for the linux framebuffer console.
- fbgs - A wrapper script for viewing ps/pdf files on the framebuffer console using fbi.
- ida - This is a X11 application (Motif based) for viewing images. Some basic editing functions are available too.
- exiftran - command line tool to do lossless transformations of JPEG images. Works much like jpegtran, but unlike jpegtran it does not ignore the EXIF data ;)
- thumbnail.cgi - Small and fast CGI script (written in C) to extract EXIF thumbnails from jpeg images and send them to the web browser.